After sun exposure, the symptoms of sunburn appear on the skin within hours. It is caused by high exposure of Ultra violate (UV) rays which result in red, warm, swollen, sore, tender or painful skin. Sometimes Severe sunburn can lead to skin cancer which can appear later. People should know the home remedies for sunburn. The risk of sunburn increase as the variations in the intensity of UV radiation passes through. UV radiation depends on the position of the sun. Sunburn can also lead to alteration of DNA, prematurely aging skin and damaging skin cells. This DNA damage can also be a cause of skin cancers, including deadly Melanoma. Severe Sunburn occurs when the sun is straight above you. Everyone should know the ins and outs of sunburn remedies- how to treat sunburn, the best way to treat sunburn, what to use for sunburn. Sometimes best lotion for sunburn may not be available in your home or Market, so you should obviously know the home remedies for sunburn for the immediate curing process. Sunburn treatment at home can be done as followed-
List of Effective Home Remedies for Sunburn:
Water is one of the best natural remedies for sunburn. Sun heats the body and draws fluids which make human body dehydrated. So, the intake of water, liquids, juice or sports drinks can rehydrate your body and recharge electrolytes by healing the skin. Taking frequent cool bath or shower or moist compress can also relieve the pain. Using oil, soaps should be prohibited. Don’t drink Alcohol as it may dehydrate you even more.
Applying honey can be a great way to sunburn relief. It is beneficial for decreasing inflammation and swelling of the skin. Putting honey on the areas of sunburn, covering with a bandage and leaving it overnight will make healing process quicker than antibiotics. But this method should not be applied to babies younger than 12 months as they have the risk of developing infant botulism by accidental ingestion of honey.
The oatmeal bath can be a good sunburn treatment. It is efficient for the itchy and sunburnt skin. It is a skin soothing property works as an anti-inflammatory when mixed with the bath water. Finely ground and consistent oatmeal need to be poured in the bath water. Take a bath for 15-20 minutes and dry yourself. Find the best Oatmeal.
- Aloe vera:
Aloe vera works as a great sunburn relief as it eases discomfort, moisturizes skin and speeds the healing. The gel inside the Aloe vera contains glycoproteins which stops inflammation and pain, stimulate skin growth and repair, soothe the itching with minerals.
- Baking soda:
Baking soda, of 2 cups can be added to the bath water which will reduce the redness of the skin, stop itching and inflammation. 2-4 cups of finely grounded oats and 1 cup of evaporated milk can also be added with baking for a soothing bath.
- Apple Cider Vinegar/ White Vinegar:
Pain, itching, inflammation can be relieved by white vinegar as it contains acetic acid, a substance of aspirin. Apple cider vinegar also eases the sunburn. Pouring a cup of any of this vinegar into the bath water and taking bath can work as sunburn treatment.
- Essential Oils:
Essential oils are also effective sunburn remedies.
- Coriander Oil- Coriander oil works as an anti-inflammatory property for treating Sunburn. Sponging coriander oil into the sunburnt spot will reduce inflammation.
- Lavender Oil- Lavender oil works as a natural remedy for sunburn. Adding 8-10 drops of lavender oil into a bowl of water, sponging the burnt place with that water for 20minutes will give you sunburn relief. You can also mix 4tbsp of aloe gel, Vitamin E and 1tbsp of apple cider vinegar with it with will reduce the possibility of infection.
- Petroleum jelly can be used for sunburnt lips.
- Coconut oil can be used as a skin moisturizer.
- Potatoes- Rubbing potatoes slices into the damaged skin for an hour can work effectively for sunburn. The starch in it helps to cool and reduce the burn.
- Cucumber- Cucumber contains antioxidant and analgesic properties. Applying chilled and mashed cucumbers into the burnt skin will sooth the skin.
Plain yogurt can be used as a sunburnt ointment. Yogurt should be directly applied to the burnt area and be kept for 5 minutes which reduces pain.
- Witch Hazel: Witch hazel has anti-inflammatory and therapeutic properties. It heals the burnt skin when witch hazel is directly applied to the skin with a cotton ball.it also prevents bacteria from forming.
- Yarrow- Yarrow can be also included in the water. After washing with that water, it soothes the skin.
- Mint- Taking a bath with mint mixed water or drinking mint juice will help to reduce sunburn and pain.
- Green Tea:
Green tea gives an inflammatory solution as it contains antioxidant molecules which are effective for reducing sunburn. The process includes soaking the tea bag in water and rubbing on the burnt areas of skin. Repeat this process in every 2-3 hours. Applying Chamomile tea to the affected area can also be a good sunburnt treatment if you are not allergic prone.
- Use Ice packs in the sunburnt places for relieving the pain. But don’t apply ice directly to the burnt areas.
- Menthol- Menthol or shaving cream containing menthols can also be applied as sunburn lotion. Applying the cream in the affected area and keeping it for 30mins can reduce the redness of your skin.
- Cold Evaporated Milk can also be a good soothing process for burnt skin which also moisturizes the skin.
To get rid of sunburn people should use Sunglasses, Umbrella or suntan lotions every day while going out to work. You should use Best lotions for Sunburn or sunscreen so that your skin may not burn in the sunlight. Applying home remedies for sunburn, mild sunburn can be treated. But for blistering sunburns, proper medical attention is needed. Babies should be well protected from the Sun. You can use a small amount of child-friendly sunscreen for the uncovered areas while going out. Sunburn generally occurs in less than 15 minutes and can take a few days or weeks to heal properly. The researchers have found that people with darker skins are less likely to have a sunburn. So always try to use sun protections consistently, but, try to avoid SPF (Sun Protection Factor). Try to avoid direct sunlight at the time 10 am to 3 pm when the UV radiation from the sun is strongest. Try to wear long sleeved clothes, hats long pants for preventing the skin from getting sunlight.
Find out best Best weight loss supplements for Women Reviews.